Is occupational therapy volunteer experience look good to medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bababa_banana

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Before I get started, I just want to explain that I am already getting clinical experience by volunteering at a hospital. In addition to this, I just got an interview to volunteer at an occupational therapy clinic and was wondering if medical schools thought of this as good non-clinical experience in addition to my clinical experience? If not, what are your suggestions for extra experience that I could be getting (both clinical and non-clinical)?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Before I get started, I just want to explain that I am already getting clinical experience by volunteering at a hospital. In addition to this, I just got an interview to volunteer at an occupational therapy clinic and was wondering if medical schools thought of this as good non-clinical experience in addition to my clinical experience? If not, what are your suggestions for extra experience that I could be getting (both clinical and non-clinical)?
What would your role be in the Occupational Therapy Clinic? The activity could be clinical or nonclinical depending on the type of involvement.

What would your role be in the Occupational Therapy Clinic? The activity could be clinical or nonclinical depending on the type of involvement.

It is an activity-based clinic in which the kids learn karate while enhancing their other skills, so I would be helping the OT teach the kids karate. Is that considered clinical experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is an activity-based clinic in which the kids learn karate while enhancing their other skills, so I would be helping the OT teach the kids karate. Is that considered clinical experience?
I'd call it Volunteer Nonclinical or Teaching. Sounds like a good opportunity.

Reactions: 1 users