Is one study set enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted962392

There's a pleuthora of information on this subforum. I've been going through a bunch of the study guides to familiarize myself with the MCAT study materials. Most of the them require the use of a bunch of different study sets at once. For example, MCAT jelly's schedule says to read Kaplan, go through TBR passages, use Khan academy resources, and take 30 min exams with ExamKrakers for content review. Simply put, it'll cost me $1000.
My questions is will someone be okay with one study set (EK, PR, etc.) or maybe with one book from a different company mixed in for content review? Are some of these materials so terribly deficient that they necessitate the use of other study books? I'm not trying to cut corners and I'm not aiming low, but I'm new to this and I'm trying to properly plan out everything before the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so Berkeley review has the best practice. Should I forego all questions in Kaplan then?

I think practicing from as many questions and passages under timed conditions is key to doing well. So while TBR practice is good, it doesn't hurt to practice from Kaplan questions.

Use one study source for content (if you encounter gaps, just search online, read wiki articles/watch videos on it etc.). But feel free to use as many sources strictly for practice.

Reactions: 1 user
I have EK for this exam.

I have Kaplan from a few years ago.

I'm not using Kaplan for very much, if anything.

The very best practice, after comfortable with content, is doing passages and using whatever set of books you get to help solidify the content knowledge on wrong answer choices.

Ok so Berkeley review has the best practice. Should I forego all questions in Kaplan then?

While TBR has the best passages (and more so explanations), you will benefit from doing passage from multiple resources. No two actual MCAT passages feel the same, so the wider the variety of FLs you do, the better you will be prepared.