Is Pacific University Oregon a good pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjmjoa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend I apply to this school? It's accelerated, but haven't heard much about it here.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They have a Naplex passing rate of 91% which is pretty low. Pretty sure that is lower than the national average

In comparison, university of pacific, another 3 year school has a passing rate of 98%

Passing rate is just one statistics of course.

I think it really depends on you.

I go to Roseman, which also uses the block schedule and I love it. Although it sounds very stressful and hard, I personally prefer to focus on one subject/class at a time rather than having to juggle a bunch of classes at once. It's so much easier when studying for a test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it really depends on you.

I go to Roseman, which also uses the block schedule and I love it. Although it sounds very stressful and hard, I personally prefer to focus on one subject/class at a time rather than having to juggle a bunch of classes at once. It's so much easier when studying for a test.
What is block scheduling? Is it really taking 1 class at a time, but finishing the class in like 2 weeks or something?

At Roseman, you attend only one class at a time. Each block is 2 weeks long. Students take a final on the second Friday and then move onto the next block/class the following week.
I'm not sure how it is at Pacific, but it should be similar.

The block system makes sure that all students fully understand all the concepts before moving on.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually emailed the president of the student ambassador program and she was incredibly thorough and provided a ton of information about the school and its curriculum. Pacific U of Oregon is also block scheduled, so you learn one subject at a time to my understanding. Don't be afraid to email the school or call them for more info. That's what they're there for :)

Can you give me further explanation of what block schedule is? How many classes do you take per semester? And how long is each semester?
I actually emailed the president of the student ambassador program and she was incredibly thorough and provided a ton of information about the school and its curriculum. Pacific U of Oregon is also block scheduled, so you learn one subject at a time to my understanding. Don't be afraid to email the school or call them for more info. That's what they're there for :)