Is Parkinson's deadly, or the ability to be deadly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xypathos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I can't seem to find a direct answer to this on the net, so maybe someone here would know.

Last week my father was diagnosed with Parkinson's and while he refuses to talk about it at all, I can't seem to find that much information on it.

Is Parkinson's deadly or have the ability to become deadly? If not, what kind of 'long term, worst case scenario' am I looking at for my dad?

Of course I'm not looking for a diagnosis, but a more "what can I expect as the years go on" kind of thing.

My father has been becoming ill for years - 3-4 knee surgeries, one knee replacement, cervical laminectomy, and is facing another surgery within 5 years that involves drilling around the base of the brain stem to clear up space --- not sure what it's called, but the doc said it'd leave him "walking like a robot, unable to turn his head" due to the procedure.

Anyway ... help help on the Parkinson's would be helpful, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Please don't ask for "medical" advice on the boards. There are many resources on Parkinson's on the web. Try a specific google question.

Status
Not open for further replies.