Is physician considered as graduate degree? (AADSAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jongho Yoon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to double check on this.

Members don't see this ad.

No, my father is. Why would I want to study 4+ more years? lol

MD is considered as graduate degree, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, my father is. Why would I want to study 4+ more years? lol

Uhh don't really see the point to your question but yes it is certainly a graduate degree.

The M.D., D.D.S., J.D., Pharm.D., O.D., D.O., D.V.M., D.P.M are professional degrees. Graduate degrees are M.S., Ph.D. and variations thereof.

Last edited:
No JongHo, MD., DDS, is a doctorate degree. graduate degree is MS. Phd (playa hata degree!)

Farantino,

UHH , what do you think PhD stands for? DOCTOR of Philosophy. PhD is also a Doctorate degree. You are correct in that MS and PhD are Graduate degrees, but a much better explanation is what Doc Toothache posted.

What should I put physician's status as on AADSAS then? there is no option such as professional degrees. I'm confused.

What should I put physician's status as on AADSAS then? there is no option such as professional degrees. I'm confused.

If there is no space for professional degree, then list it under the graduate degree. Typically, professional degrees aren't referred to as graduate degrees, but technically they are. It is more of an ego thing why people try to separate themselves from graduate degrees. The British classify all their doctorate level degrees as graduate level training.

So, list it under graduate school!

Farantino,

UHH , what do you think PhD stands for? DOCTOR of Philosophy. PhD is also a Doctorate degree. You are correct in that MS and PhD are Graduate degrees, but a much better explanation is what Doc Toothache posted.

hold it, you're gonna contradict yourself in....

If there is no space for professional degree, then list it under the graduate degree. Typically, professional degrees aren't referred to as graduate degrees, but technically they are. It is more of an ego thing why people try to separate themselves from graduate degrees. The British classify all their doctorate level degrees as graduate level training.

So, list it under graduate school!

i guess a few seconds :D