Is Pittsburgh Closed File Interviw?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harbor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Pittsburgh closed file interview or open file interview?
Guys give me hints how to prepare for the interview. Going for interview in Feb. It's my favorite school.

Members don't see this ad.

harbor said:
Is Pittsburgh closed file interview or open file interview?
Guys give me hints how to prepare for the interview. Going for interview in Feb. It's my favorite school.

I think it's closed, but FYI there's an interview feedback page on SDN, which you might find useful. Lots of Pitt responses on there. Go to "Interview" on the toolbar and browse the responses. Lots of useful stuff in there. Good luck.

At Pitt the student interview is totally closed, they know nothing about you except your name. The faculty interviewer has your personal statement and that is it. Hope this helps

Jim

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for information..very useful to prepare for the interview

JDWflash44 said:
At Pitt the student interview is totally closed, they know nothing about you except your name. The faculty interviewer has your personal statement and that is it. Hope this helps

Jim

My faculty interviewer I'm pretty sure had my whole AMCAS... she knew about the activities I'd listed on there.

Good luck, OP! Just have fun; it's a very low stress, enjoyable interview day.

Risa said:
My faculty interviewer I'm pretty sure had my whole AMCAS... she knew about the activities I'd listed on there.

Good luck, OP! Just have fun; it's a very low stress, enjoyable interview day.

Mine didn't and I think the admissions people said it was closed file (as I vaguely remember). Mine had the PS only, this is actually how most of my interviews have been.

3 Interviews:

Student -- totally closed file
Faculty -- semi-closed file (they have only your PS)
Adcom member -- open file