Is plant biology added into science gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmccade

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took plant biology many years ago during my freshman year and got a "D". Is the course added to my science GPA if it is given by the plant biology department and not biology dept.? I am considering retaking the course but I have already completed my BS degree so the new grade would go into my post-bacc GPA. Would this still help me or would I be waisting my time? I have heard that DO schools replace new grades with old grades but would this be so in my case since it is post-bacc? My undergrad GPA was a crappy 2.8 which is why I am starting post-bacc courses. If I dont include the "D" my undergrad science GPA is a 3.2. I had a very bad year early on in my college career so it dragged my GPA way down.

Members don't see this ad.

jmccade,
Yes, plant biology is calculated into your science GPA. I am not sure how it would work if you retook the class. It would probably be added to your post-bac GPA so retaking it may not eliminate the D in your undergrad GPA calculation....

SPUNKY :)