Medical Is retaking MCAT in January for current cycle too late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't do as well as I thought for the MCAT and wanting to apply this cycle I am studying to take it January. However, I am confused to send the primaries for the schools now and complete the secondaries. How would I let the schools know I am planning on retaking the mcat January without being screened out?
You will be screened out on the basic of your current MCAT. Med schools are under no obligation to wait for a new score.

Perversely, those schools willing to interview people without an MCAT are discriminating against you, which aggravates me to no end.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't do as well as I thought for the MCAT and wanting to apply this cycle I am studying to take it January. However, I am confused to send the primaries for the schools now and complete the secondaries. How would I let the schools know I am planning on retaking the mcat January without being screened out?
Unless you are applying to DO schools, most MD programs won't accept January 2021 scores for fall 2021 entry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to LECOM but I am conflicted what their GPAs are. On their website it states 3.4 3.5 are their science and cummunlative gpa respectively. However, I got an email saying their most recent enter class has a 3.68 and 3.62 which is really high. Should I go with their website or the pdf they had sent me?
Go with the PDF. IT dept's are pretty lazy when it comes to updating websites.

Go with the PDF. IT dept's are pretty lazy when it comes to updating websites.
Well don't always blame the IT department :) . They have to wait until the school approves what gets out on the website, and that might take quite a while.

The PDF is better because it's a preliminary analysis. I agree (and have insight) that the posted average is not the true average. LECOM has a lot of affiliation agreements set up, so the numbers you need to care about are among those who applied through AACOMAS, which will be a bit higher than the posted average.

That is way too late for this cycle. If you are retaking in January, I would wait to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.