is SDN becoming addictive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am officially addicted to SDN. I feel comforted reading that others are going through the same thing I am. You guys are the only people that can really understand how physically, emotionally, and financially draining this process is. However, I'm afraid this site is driving me a little nuts. Seeing all the INCREDIBLE statistics and acceptances of those on this site is giving me an ulcer.

Members don't see this ad.

becoming implies that it was once not addictive

There are at least 10 threads on SDN about this topic ever since it was created. If and when the search fxn returns give it a try. You will see even at that you are not alone...

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if one day med schools will factor in your number of posts and how long you've been a member when evaluating your commitment to medicine

Take a bunch of excited, self driven, hardworking, anxious people who await acceptance into medical school, which also determines and sets their life path, and give them the power to communicate about their journey. Of course, SDN forums are addicting.

seadizzle said:
becoming implies that it was once not addictive

-mota

Yes sdn is *becoming more addictive*
Studies show sdn is now 30% more addictive than it was before.

Checking the SDN boards gives us neurotic, jittery applicants who are on edge and at the end of our ropes something to keep busy with. Med schools are taking their sweet time getting back to us, reviewing our applications, or whatever, so we need to do something medical-school related to keep our sanity. I have a feeling I may just disappear off the face of this board once I get an acceptance though. :D Once the pressure is off...ah, that's something to look forward to.

No, no. I can quit any time. No, really. I can go outside, go for a walk, enjoy the sun. Look, I'm getting up. I won't even finish this post...
... Oh alright, I'll just finish this ONE post, and then I'll call it quits. No SDN for a whole week. Ok, maybe a day. Three hours a day?

Bah! I have class tomorrow! How dare they interfere with my SDN! They must be stopped!

Messerschmitts said:
I have a feeling I may just disappear off the face of this board once I get an acceptance though. :D Once the pressure is off...ah, that's something to look forward to.

It doesn't help. I'm still as addicted as I ever was. :eek:

dajimmers said:
No, no. I can quit any time. No, really. I can go outside, go for a walk, enjoy the sun. Look, I'm getting up. I won't even finish this post...
... Oh alright, I'll just finish this ONE post, and then I'll call it quits. No SDN for a whole week. Ok, maybe a day. Three hours a day?

Bah! I have class tomorrow! How dare they interfere with my SDN! They must be stopped!

It's scary what an accurate representation this is...

Risa said:
It's scary what an accurate representation this is...

Simply stated: AGREED. ;) :D :p

I wish I had these laughing smilies for when I talk to my friends on AIM.

dajimmers said:

What is this "sun" you speak of? I think perhaps I may have seen it in writing. Is it something to do with the Not-Inside world???

:confused: :eek:

crazy_cavalier said:
What is this "sun" you speak of? I think perhaps I may have seen it in writing. Is it something to do with the Not-Inside world???

:confused: :eek:
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas
A gigantic nuclear furnace
Where hydrogen is built into helium
At a temperature of millions of degrees

dajimmers said:
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas
A gigantic nuclear furnace
Where hydrogen is built into helium
At a temperature of millions of degrees

Wow, what a pretty haiku! :laugh:

Just joshin'

Ross434 said:
Yes sdn is *becoming more addictive*
Studies show sdn is now 30% more addictive than it was before.

i hear philip morris is currently working on adding sdn to marlboros...