Is September to late to take DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.E

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Is early September to late to take the DAT? I'm planning on sending out my apps this week. I've already sent my transcripts and LORS, but I have yet to take the DAT. I'm starting a Kaplan course tomorrow (July 6th), which should end around the first week of September.

Members don't see this ad.

Mr.E said:
What do you guys think? Is early September to late to take the DAT? I'm planning on sending out my apps this week. I've already sent my transcripts and LORS, but I have yet to take the DAT. I'm starting a Kaplan course tomorrow (July 6th), which should end around the first week of September.

I took the DAT on September 8th last year, and the application process still went better than expected. Still, your best shot at getting in is when you apply earlier.

Remember that you can have AADSAS complete without the DAT since they know that the scores will be sent to schools independently. So make sure you do AADSAS now. It will not hinder the application process at all. I filled out AADSAS in May last year, but took the DAT in June and they ended up arriving at each school about the same time.

Mr.E said:

If you get a high score on the DAT, then even october isnt too late.