• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Is sports medicine a specialty?

Sharkfan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2004
Southeast USA
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Not one in the sense of something you go into residency for, but after residency there are fellowships available. Sports medicine is kind of broad, and there is a lot of leeway in a career path down that road. You can do ortho, pm&r, or even FP and from that point do a fellowship in sports med related to your specialization. It all depends on what level you want to deal with athletes: surgery and acute injury treatment, rehabilitation and pain management, or primary, non-surgical treatment.

I want to go into sports med and am still in learning about all this; I would recommend just surfing and searching in order to learn more.

carrigallen

16th centry dutch painter
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 27, 2003
      Yes =)

It is a fellowship training done after you do a regular residency.

For example, family practice has a sports medicine fellowship, I'm not sure how long it is, maybe 2 years.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.