OP
omn

omn

7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2009
No wait, I meant if someone asked a recent IM board exam graduate to take the Step 2, would he/she/he find it easy?

Sent from my SM-N900V using SDN mobile

OP
omn

omn

7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2009
Easy like, an NFL running back competing in the sprinting events at a ACC track and field championships, cruising down the straights, ala undergraduate medicine...

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
3 posts in and I still can't figure out what you're asking.

I mean, I understand the question you posed, but that can't actually be the question you want the answer to.

Or how the answer could possibly matter.

Reactions: eteshoe
OP
omn

omn

7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2009
i.e. - is there a similarity in scope... and to your point its interesting for people who want to understand medical education, if that wasn't clear enough. Like theories of the unity of knowledge, the nature of scientific truth, and what suffices as scientific explanation, if that is something you're working on as an IM professional... Thanks again for implying I'm crazy, it must be a hobby of yours.., btw, I'm 47 years old, how old are you?

OP
omn

omn

7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2009
I'm sure you'll be able to appreciate the three related topics I just mentioned..

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Thanks again for implying I'm crazy, it must be a hobby of yours.., btw, I'm 47 years old, how old are you?
I'm just going to leave this here. Nobody but you implied anything.

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
i.e. - is there a similarity in scope...
Not really. But if you'd taken them both, you'd already know the answer.

Hence the confusion about what the question actually was.

Reactions: ThoracicGuy

IMreshopeful

7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2012
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
i.e. - is there a similarity in scope... and to your point its interesting for people who want to understand medical education, if that wasn't clear enough. Like theories of the unity of knowledge, the nature of scientific truth, and what suffices as scientific explanation, if that is something you're working on as an IM professional... Thanks again for implying I'm crazy, it must be a hobby of yours.., btw, I'm 47 years old, how old are you?

I'm confused as to WHY you want to know this

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Since nobody has ever taken the ABIM exam followed by Step 2CK, this question is more or less unanswerable.

Every test is easy when you study right and are smart enough.

Reactions: ThoracicGuy