Is studying for DAT making anyone else a fat ass?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've gained like 10 lbs since I started studying for this effin exam..and now with only 18 days away from test day im getting real nervous and will prob eat the whole world by testday if I don't change my eatting habits...any suggestions?:(

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you take an hour or two break from studying and go for a run or hit the weight room? Just because you're studying doesn't mean you have to sit in a chair in front of a book all day and maintain BMR

I've made an effort to hit the gym for an hour 4 days a week. I think of it as a treat since its time not spent in front of my desk :rolleyes:

I find that working out helps calm me down after a stressful day of hitting the books :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless your have been doing track or something, running won't last more than half an hour :p

Well since my test is the 29th, i've been doing nothing but reading. But I havn't gained anything because even though I don't go to the gym or run, I also don't eat much. I eat a typical breakfest.....and a typical diner around 7.....thats it. Plus, there is even a bio explanation in destroyer that says I consume 80lbs of ATP a day while at BMR studying all day. lol

i lost about 20 lbs while i was studying for DAT, but that was b/c i never ate anything all day.
i would wake up eat breakfast then study til i come home around midnight and either go to sleep or snack a little

Yea I have noticed that too! I eat so much when I am home studying all day. I can't focus at all when I am hungry...and I get hungry every 4 hrs lol so I have to eat. I eat about 4 meals a day lol but i dont seem to gain weight....weird. Wish I could work out but no time to do that!!:scared:

because when youre studying, your brain uses lots of glucose! so you get hungrier!

I dont think my weight has really changed over the summer. I just sit at my desk as always...of course thats what I do all year long, except normally its gaming, now its studying. A lot more time has been spent studing this summer than all year long. :) also 150lbs, no change this summer.