Is Submitting AMCAS Late June OKAY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btttbgfr34

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will be taking my test June 15th. I'm planning on submitting my application Late June. Is this too late? When is the latest to still be okay/on time? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No it's not too late. Earlier the better though. Your scores will take a month to get back so submit before then to get verified and then schools will look at you when your scores come in.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be taking my test June 15th. I'm planning on submitting my application Late June. Is this too late?
If you plan to submit your application before knowing your MCAT score, it would be best to designate only one school. Once you know how competitive you are, add more. Adding schools later will not change your place in the verification queue.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Having your primary submitted by July 4th is on time
Having your primary verified and transmitted by August 1st is on time
Having your secondaries and all other documents complete at schools by Sept 1 is early (ontime at more prestigious/top/competitive schools).

People do not get into medical school because their application is first. They get in because their application and MCAT score are good.
A rushed poor application will get you a quick rejection. A week or two later with a better polished application is much better.
Thank you. That helps a lot. It was just Ive heard some people submitting around July 7th and they were rejected bc the interview cycle was over.

Thank you. That helps a lot. It was just Ive heard some people submitting around July 7th and they were rejected bc the interview cycle was over.

That's not a logical basis for why they we're rejected. Being early is the goal. However, late applicants still matriculate. My roommate matriculated into a T20 despite submitting his application in late July. Granted, he was a great applicant which was why he got in. (Just to be clear, he isn't the rule. Apply early, maximize your chances.)

Whoever you spoke with that submitted at that time likely had other flaws in their application which is why they got rejected on top of being late. And interview season runs through March I believe?

Reactions: 1 users
That's not a logical basis for why they we're rejected. Being early is the goal. However, late applicants still matriculate. My roommate matriculated into a T20 despite submitting his application in late July. Granted, he was a great applicant which was why he got in. (Just to be clear, he isn't the rule. Apply early, maximize your chances.)

Whoever you spoke with that submitted at that time likely had other flaws in their application which is why they got rejected on top of being late. And interview season runs through March I believe?

Thank you for your example.