Is submitting ERAS app by next week considered late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigthing0

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to submit my ERAS application next week after my Step 2 score returns and when I feel comfortable that the rest of my application would be ready for review. I wil be applying to radiology programs, and I remember hearing from someone that for a lot of radiology programs, most of the interview offers are extended to students by as early as October 1st. If anyone is familiar with this matter, for radiology programs would submitting my app during the week of 9/25-9/29 significantly reduce my chance of getting an interview offer compared to, say, when I submit the app by the end of this week? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I was hoping to submit my ERAS application next week after my Step 2 score returns and when I feel comfortable that the rest of my application would be ready for review. I wil be applying to radiology programs, and I remember hearing from someone that for a lot of radiology programs, most of the interview offers are extended to students by as early as October 1st. If anyone is familiar with this matter, for radiology programs would submitting my app during the week of 9/25-9/29 significantly reduce my chance of getting an interview offer compared to, say, when I submit the app by the end of this week? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

There are already programs that have begun to send out interview invitations (although many will wait until Oct 1).

How did you do on Step 1? If you did poorly on Step 1, and if you are waiting for your Step 2 score to be released this coming Wednesday, then I suppose there's some merit in waiting.

You will have weigh the benefits of waiting (and presumably receiving a high Step 2) with the fact that some programs have already begun reviewing applications and that some programs do not look at Step 2 during the initial applicant screen. There are programs I know that average Step 1 & Step 2 scores during the initial, pre-interview screen. I would not wait any longer than this coming Wednesday, however.

I might be able to help you out more if you let me know how did on Step 1. Is the rest of the application complete?