Medical Is submitting my primary mid-September too late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I feel like I am at a bit of a crossroads here. I had full intentions of submitting an application this cycle, but life got in the way. I'm sitting here with my primary materials in front me wondering if it is too late to hit submit. I've been advised by some to go ahead and give it a try, but others have told me that the upcoming year would serve me well to strengthen my application and reorganize myself to be a successful applicant. My stats are as follows

518 MCAT
3.3 UG, 3.7 SMP GPA
decent leadership, decent shadowing, decent volunteering, decent research. Nothing that blows the fish out of the water, but above average for sure.
NOW!!! NOWWW! NOW!!

Apply NOW!

You need DO schools on your list, and so you have more time with them.

Members don't see this ad.

OP, here is a suggested school list:

Columbia
Vandy
Dartmouth
BU
Duke
Pitt
Mayo
Mt Sinai
Keck (maybe)
UCSF
EVMS
U Miami
Hofstra
Emory
Jefferson
Drexel
Albany
Tufts
NYMC
Your state schools
Rush
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
Tulane
Wake
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Wayne State
Netter
NYU.LI

Any DO program. Include UNECOM if you’re from the NE, OSOCOM if you’re from the Plains states and PacNW if you’re from that region. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.