Is submitting OptomCAS sans OAT (taking it in November) near / at the end of September too late for admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted989644

Hello!

To preface, I have a 3.2 cGPA and roughly a 3.0 sGPA. I haven't taken the OAT yet and I have years of experience at an eye clinic, which forms the backbone of my ophthalmic experience.

I am still polishing up my OptomCAS and having my personal statement tweaked to perfection. However, I intend everything to be submitted near the end of September.

I am really gunning for SCCO as my first choice, though I'm spreading my wings wide in the West Coast.

Would turning in my OptomCAS around this time going to be too late for viable admissions, especially with no OAT?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding, you can submit your app without your OAT and let the school know when it’s scheduled. If anything they’ll send you an email saying that they’ll hold off on making a final decision about an interview until they get your scores. That’s what happened with me and NECO. They may even grant you an interview without your OAT score, but hold off on an acceptance.

From my understanding, you can submit your app without your OAT and let the school know when it’s scheduled. If anything they’ll send you an email saying that they’ll hold off on making a final decision about an interview until they get your scores. That’s what happened with me and NECO. They may even grant you an interview without your OAT score, but hold off on an acceptance.

That is what I was intending to do - submit in the app early.

I'm just wondering if I'll still be alright doing that, especially if I do well on my OAT on the first try in November (what I want to do).

I'm aware I'm kind of running a bit late and I'm mainly worried about positions becoming harder to get. I know my numbers aren't the strongest overall - my work experience frankly being the biggest draw overall when it comes to my background.