Technology IS Symbian OS completely worthless for medical students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Army_Doc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering the Nokia E61 as a PDA/phone (unreleased to US wireless companies as far as I know)

Its extremely thin, and stylish, has a full QWERTY, WiFi, Bluetooth, and works with most cell phone providers in the US. The price tag (~$350 on ebay) seems right, especially when compared to the $400 to $600 range for the latest Treo's, MDAs, etc. However, it runs the Symbian OS 9.1 .

Would this phone be useless in the medical field? I know from posts, that many of the best med-programs out there only run on windows or palm, but are there enough programs running on symbian to make it worthwhile and useful? I searched for, and read some posts from last year regarding symbian, but i don't know if things are changing yet, in terms of software compatibility. Any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Army_Doc said:
I am considering the Nokia E61 as a PDA/phone (unreleased to US wireless companies as far as I know)

Its extremely thin, and stylish, has a full QWERTY, WiFi, Bluetooth, and works with most cell phone providers in the US. The price tag (~$350 on ebay) seems right, especially when compared to the $400 to $600 range for the latest Treo's, MDAs, etc. However, it runs the Symbian OS 9.1 .

Would this phone be useless in the medical field? I know from posts, that many of the best med-programs out there only run on windows or palm, but are there enough programs running on symbian to make it worthwhile and useful? I searched for, and read some posts from last year regarding symbian, but i don't know if things are changing yet, in terms of software compatibility. Any input?

I would recommend the Cingular 8125 Pocket PC. It's the best one out there.

Other phone companies have clones of this model.