1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

IS Symbian OS completely worthless for medical students

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by Army_Doc, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Army_Doc

Army_Doc Member
    2+ Year Member

I am considering the Nokia E61 as a PDA/phone (unreleased to US wireless companies as far as I know)

Its extremely thin, and stylish, has a full QWERTY, WiFi, Bluetooth, and works with most cell phone providers in the US. The price tag (~$350 on ebay) seems right, especially when compared to the $400 to $600 range for the latest Treo's, MDAs, etc. However, it runs the Symbian OS 9.1 .

Would this phone be useless in the medical field? I know from posts, that many of the best med-programs out there only run on windows or palm, but are there enough programs running on symbian to make it worthwhile and useful? I searched for, and read some posts from last year regarding symbian, but i don't know if things are changing yet, in terms of software compatibility. Any input?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    I would recommend the Cingular 8125 Pocket PC. It's the best one out there.

Other phone companies have clones of this model.