Is taking Physics 1+ Chemistry 2+ intro to neuroscience at same time unadvisable

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FallsZero

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have to take these three courses plus the 1 credit lab that goes with each course. So, basically I'm taking 12 credits of science classes. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into chemistry first semester so I've had to juggle my schedule to make everything work.

Thanks for the help guys and happy thanksgiving!

Members don't see this ad.

It all depends on you. Hard? Sure. Possible? Yes. I once took two 400-level microbiology courses, one 400-level biochemistry course, a 200-level technical writing course, a 200-level world history course, a 100-level physics lab, a dance course, and did research in a microbiology lab during the same semester, and got A's in everything except the dance class. It wasn't my most enjoyable semester, but I survived and have a lot of good memories (because I was in all those 400-level courses and the micro lab with my friends). I was also a senior and a newlywed, so I was used to the college grind and had a stable social life, which helped. So again, it all depends on what you're capable of doing and how hard you're willing to work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

Yeah, I think it will be feasible for me because my courses aren't 4000 level. Its gen chem so 1000, physics (2000) and Intro to neuro (2000). I'm looking at putting in research too as an elective. Thanks for the feedback!

Members don't see this ad :)
Questions like this are very subjective. Physics was very hard for me but very easy for my best friend. And he didn't even take physics before (and I did)!

On the flip side, he's never gotten an A in a humanities class, even the ones that are reputed as easy.

So I have to take these three courses plus the 1 credit lab that goes with each course. So, basically I'm taking 12 credits of science classes. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into chemistry first semester so I've had to juggle my schedule to make everything work.

Thanks for the help guys and happy thanksgiving!

Should be manageable just stay on top of all your science courses.

Do med schools take into account our class schedule in each semester? I am so curious...

Seems typical of a premed schedule to me. I did physics 2 + orgo 2 and labs in the same semester. Survived with a 4.0. It's possible.

I️ have a similar course load this semester and am doing just fine. Physics 1, Organic Chem 2, and Genetics (each with their labs). I️ also am an IA for another bio lab and still do not feel overwhelmed. You should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If your decent in math and don't hate chemistry it wounds fine to me unless you are working long hours. Also ask yourself how your time management is (If you go to sleep at decent hours and can manage study time well.) If the answer is not good then just don't do it (take less credits) and work on improving those time management skills but play it safe and get good grades.