Is that ok to drop all classes after you got accepted from pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got accept from MCP :xf::xf::xf::xf:. Now can I drop all classes that I'm taking ? does it look bad ? I am pretty sure that school will not ask for my transcript again since I have done all my required classes. I can't focus anymore and want to take a break before pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad.

No, it will **** you up.

Seriously, don't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I just got accept from MCP :xf::xf::xf::xf:. Now can I drop all classes that I'm taking ? does it look bad ? I am pretty sure that school will not ask for my transcript again since I have done all my required classes. I can't focus anymore and want to take a break before pharmacy school.

If you have finished all the required pre-reqs and the school has the transcripts it needs, I don't see why you couldn't drop your classes and take a break before pharmacy school. But that's only if you don't have to provide any further transcripts because it might be frowned upon (I doubt they would take back your acceptance though)

I was only taking two classes this semester to satisfy a fallback school as I could have graduated in December. Once I got my acceptance, I dropped them.

Drop your classes... and enjoy before you start pharm school... I would if i could... I jus dropped one of my classes bc i didnt need it.

I'm not going to get BS even though I finish this semester. Like I said earlier, since I got accepted, I can't not focus on studing anymore. Tests are coming up and I don't want to end up get bad grades on those.

depends if your acceptance was conditional upon your completion of those classes.

if your school accepted you with no knowledge of these pending classes, feel free to drop it like it's hot.

How do you get accepted from a pharmacy school?

I wouldn't because you lose all the money you spent on the classes and fees.

Hi,

It's going to be hard to focus as a PDIII too. Man up...it reflects poorly upon you to abandon the opportunity to learn.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I thought about that too lol. Would have been nice to drop Physics and Physics lab!
But I figured it would be frowned upon and never bothered to ask. But like someone else said, the semester is almost over. For me at least, I've pretty much already passed those classes. No need for A's in those classes now lol.

in some cases, your acceptance in considered conditional until you meet their admission requirements. I’m still finishing up physics and physics lab but don’t feel the pressure to do well in them which is AWESOME. The other classes I’m taking where just classes I took for my back-up plan but I can basically just take it easy and slack off….sweetness.:D.i wouldn't drop your classes, just enjoy being able to have a pressure-free quarter/semester before you become a study nazi again in pharm school ;)

Hi,

It would be frowned upon, though I doubt your acceptance would be revoked. In my opinion, think you should stick it out. If anything, preps you for what's to come during your pharm school years (may be times when you feel like you cant focus anymore--let this be a learning curve, or so to speak). Congrats and good luck at MCP.

You're almost done with the semester, just finish the classes. Just study enough to pass the class, I wouldn't worry about getting an A or B in the class since you're already accepted into pharmacy school. By the way, congrats!! I still remember the day I got my acceptance letter (best day of my life), and now I'll be graduating in just over month. Pharmacy school will fly by so quick. Good luck!

call the school and find out, that is your safest option. if they say yes it's okay to drop them, then by all means, it's your choice to do whatever you want.

if they say no, then i guess you're stuck. but at least you found out and confirmed with the admissions counselor. :)

Thank you very much for your advices.

Man I thought about that too lol. Would have been nice to drop Physics and Physics lab!
But I figured it would be frowned upon and never bothered to ask. But like someone else said, the semester is almost over. For me at least, I've pretty much already passed those classes. No need for A's in those classes now lol.

Oh gosh, that would be wicked lovely. There is no worse subject for my mind set-up than physics.

My school (large and old state school) included a letter with admissions saying I had to pass all my remaining Pre-reqs with Cs or higher. I dropped all my other spring classes -- well, i failed to register for them that is. (i did early decision so i didnt lose any money).

You should be okay to drop some, but maybe not all , depending

My school (large and old state school) included a letter with admissions saying I had to pass all my remaining Pre-reqs with Cs or higher. I dropped all my other spring classes -- well, i failed to register for them that is. (i did early decision so i didnt lose any money).

You should be okay to drop some, but maybe not all , depending

My spring semester doesn't relate to Pharmacy requirements at all. I think I will drop 3 classes and keep the easiest one .

My spring semester doesn't relate to Pharmacy requirements at all. I think I will drop 3 classes and keep the easiest one .

Can you drop classes this late in the semester without receiving a grade? Be careful...if by "dropping" you mean stop going to class and get F's, I wouldn't do that, especially if your cumulative GPA is anywhere near the 2.70 minimum that MCP-W requires. Three F's can drop a cumulative GPA by 0.1 or more.

Offers of admission have been revoked because people tanked their last semester and their cumulative GPA dropped below the school threshold for matriculation.

Can you drop classes this late in the semester without receiving a grade? Be careful...if by "dropping" you mean stop going to class and get F's, I wouldn't do that, especially if your cumulative GPA is anywhere near the 2.70 minimum that MCP-W requires. Three F's can drop a cumulative GPA by 0.1 or more.

Offers of admission have been revoked because people tanked their last semester and their cumulative GPA dropped below the school threshold for matriculation.

My school is still in withdraw, P-F period, that's why I need to decide ASAP.

Hi,

You can't focus anymore? lol :rolleyes: