1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is the AAMC-3R a decent diagnostic?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cwtreloar, Dec 30, 2008.

1. cwtreloar

7+ Year Member

I'm planning on taking the MCAT in April and just started studying the day after Christmas. I took the AAMC-3R as a diagnostic and scored a 24; PS-8, VR-7, BS-9. If this CBT is a decent diagnostic, how does my score look? I know that anything is possible, but reasonably, what can I expect my score to be on the real deal in April?

I'm currently using the EK homestudy schedule with the EK books.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. akademix

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    diagnostics are worthless because if you havent started studyig they really dont gauge your potential performance at all...that being said, aamc 3r is like 20+ years old (so they say on the forums) and is not representative of the current mcat (i believe the thought is that it is easier). i wouldnt worry though, 24 is pretty good for taking it pretty much cold turkey. go search the forums to look for more opinions on 3r--but id suggest to save aamc exams for at least after 1 content review...treat em like a fresh pair of jordans because the more you waste them without having a solid foundation, the less of them you have--and keep in mind aamcs are heralded as the truest reflection of your test day score.

akademix

4. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You may be interested in reading the link in my sig.

5. alibai3ah

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    AAMC 3 is really easy, and why r u wasting AAMC tests by taking them without any studying....use some other test as a diagnostic. You only have 8 AAMC's to practice from. But i remember 3 being really easy (especially the physical sciences)

6. 229141

Pre-Medical
    Yeah it was the easiest one I've taken so far

7. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think the verbal was good.

The sciences have changed since then especially the focus on ochem.

I still did about the same on 3R as others.

I think Kaplan sciences are closer in difficulty to the real MCAT but it's style is like AAMC.

I think it is a decent starting place.

It is more important where you end that start. I would save AAMC 7-10 after you have fully studied and start your final stages.