1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is the AAMC Fl that much easier than the real one?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by frodo25, Jul 31, 2015.

1. frodo25

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I know people have said that the practice FL is easier than the real one. But how much easier is it really? I got 81%,81%,86%,75% and was wondering if this is really just an inflated score?

2. Dreamstoo

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It varies, most of my real life friends said it was on par but maybe slightly more difficult.

3. lmladdno84

2+ Year Member

Said the FL was harder than the real thing?

4. doctorleospaceman

doctorleospaceman Medical Student
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Test prep companies underestimate by a lot and the AAMC FL has been on par to a bit easier than the real thing. Hard to compare since different concepts are emphasized in the passages on different tests.

#4 doctorleospaceman, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  5. Dr. Trenb

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    From my past experience, AAMC practice is bit easier. More precisely, the verbal section on the real thing is denser.

6. Profound

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The verbal on the FL is easier than the real thing but is the real thing on par with the passages in the question packs? I haven't taken the FL length and just want a comparison.

#6 Profound, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  7. Fedekz

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The AAMC practice FL C/P and P/S was pretty similar to the real mcat, but for me at least, the bio and CARS was significantly different. The bio had a LOT more research based questions and the CARS passages were a lot longer. The aamc FL was the most accurate to the real thing, and I had taken several TPR and Kaplan FL's