1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is the AAMC Fl that much easier than the real one?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by frodo25, Jul 31, 2015.

1. frodo25

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I know people have said that the practice FL is easier than the real one. But how much easier is it really? I got 81%,81%,86%,75% and was wondering if this is really just an inflated score?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dreamstoo

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It varies, most of my real life friends said it was on par but maybe slightly more difficult.

4. lmladdno84

2+ Year Member

Said the FL was harder than the real thing?

5. doctorleospaceman

doctorleospaceman Medical Student
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Test prep companies underestimate by a lot and the AAMC FL has been on par to a bit easier than the real thing. Hard to compare since different concepts are emphasized in the passages on different tests.

#4 doctorleospaceman, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  6. Dr. Trenb

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    From my past experience, AAMC practice is bit easier. More precisely, the verbal section on the real thing is denser.

7. Profound

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The verbal on the FL is easier than the real thing but is the real thing on par with the passages in the question packs? I haven't taken the FL length and just want a comparison.

#6 Profound, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  8. Fedekz

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The AAMC practice FL C/P and P/S was pretty similar to the real mcat, but for me at least, the bio and CARS was significantly different. The bio had a LOT more research based questions and the CARS passages were a lot longer. The aamc FL was the most accurate to the real thing, and I had taken several TPR and Kaplan FL's