Is the AAMC Fl that much easier than the real one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frodo25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know people have said that the practice FL is easier than the real one. But how much easier is it really? I got 81%,81%,86%,75% and was wondering if this is really just an inflated score?

Members don't see this ad.

It varies, most of my real life friends said it was on par but maybe slightly more difficult.

Test prep companies underestimate by a lot and the AAMC FL has been on par to a bit easier than the real thing. Hard to compare since different concepts are emphasized in the passages on different tests.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
From my past experience, AAMC practice is bit easier. More precisely, the verbal section on the real thing is denser.

From my past experience, AAMC practice is bit easier. More precisely, the verbal section on the real thing is denser.

The verbal on the FL is easier than the real thing but is the real thing on par with the passages in the question packs? I haven't taken the FL length and just want a comparison.

Last edited:
The AAMC practice FL C/P and P/S was pretty similar to the real mcat, but for me at least, the bio and CARS was significantly different. The bio had a LOT more research based questions and the CARS passages were a lot longer. The aamc FL was the most accurate to the real thing, and I had taken several TPR and Kaplan FL's