• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Is the eight week wait for verification after both transcripts and application is submitted?

nontraditionallady

Apr 19, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I sent my transcripts about four weeks ago and they’re still waiting on three.

I haven’t yet submitted my application. Am I looking eight weeks out from when I submit the application it or when my transcript were sent out from the school? Or received? Or do they both need to be in and then the eight weeks begin?

What a weird cycle. In any other year submitting in late June would be not weird at all.

About the Ads

DT III

2+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Ok. So, I may as well not submit my application until all my transcripts are in?
I don’t think you can submit your application without your transcripts even if you wanted to. Gently roll your mouse over the “submit application” button and if a cancel sign pops up then you can’t submit until your transcripts are delivered.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
I don’t think you can submit your application without your transcripts even if you wanted to. Gently roll your mouse over the “submit application” button and if a cancel sign pops up then you can’t submit until your transcripts are delivered.
you can submit without transcripts. There in no advantage if you do that

Reactions: 1 user

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
I called AMCAS earlier today and they said there were separate queues for submission & processing. I've still heard conflicting information from both AAMC & people on SDN/reddit, so I'm not really sure what to think
Yes there are separate queues as they are used for different things.
1) Once your application is marked received, it goes to the submission queue.
2) Once your transcript is checked for being official and is marked received.
3) The transcripts get associated with application and once all expected have been received...
4) They your now complete submitted application goes to processing queue (verification)

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.