Medical Is the end of July too late to submit AMCAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am concerned about submitting my AMCAs today and whether if that is too late to the point it could hurt my chances getting accepted this cycle. I know this year is unusual with the pandemic, but the AAMC says it takes 6-8 weeks to verify applications, which means it may not be sent off to schools until mid or late September. I have read Labor Day is on time to have secondaries submitted then, but my AMCAS application might not make that possible even if I pre-write secondaries. Are my concerns justified?
It’s not too late.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am concerned about submitting my AMCAs today and whether if that is too late to the point it could hurt my chances getting accepted this cycle. I know this year is unusual with the pandemic, but the AAMC says it takes 6-8 weeks to verify applications, which means it may not be sent off to schools until mid or late September. I have read Labor Day is on time to have secondaries submitted then, but my AMCAS application might not make that possible even if I pre-write secondaries. Are my concerns justified?
No, you get your primaries in by Labor Day, in a normal cycle, for MD.

With COVID, you're fine until mid Oct.

The DO cycle is even longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.