coffemug

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I am currently writing my supplemental essays for DO schools and wanted to ask a brief question (so far google has not provided a direct answer). I have seen the Epley's maneuver performed time and time again and am wondering if this is considered OMT. Unsure of if this falls into the category of OMM as it is a repositioning.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

GUH

Underdawg
7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
Eastern US
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am currently writing my supplemental essays for DO schools and wanted to ask a brief question (so far google has not provided a direct answer). I have seen the Epley's maneuver performed time and time again and am wondering if this is considered OMT. Unsure of if this falls into the category of OMM as it is a repositioning.

Thanks all!
No.

12glaucoma34

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 1, 2017
Status
Medical Student

Thanks all!
No. If you write it is part of OMT you will look like a moron and get auto-rejected. Talk about how the cranial bones glide past each other and DO schools will eat that shiite up.

Reactions: sally23

12glaucoma34

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 1, 2017
Status
Medical Student
No. If you write it is part of OMT you will look like a moron and get auto-rejected. Talk about how the cranial bones glide past each other and DO schools will eat that shiite up.
Despite learning in anatomy lab that cranial bones are fused in adults.

12glaucoma34

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 1, 2017
Status
Medical Student
I wouldn't focus a great deal of space wasting time discussing OMT because you don't truly understand what it is and how much of it is actually a fraud.

ortnakas

DO PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I wouldn't focus a great deal of space wasting time discussing OMT because you don't truly understand what it is and how much of it is actually a fraud.
Don't spend too much space on it, but secondary essays aren't the place to voice suspicion, either. I'm not the world's biggest OMT fan but I wouldn't go as far as to call it fraud either-- especially without knowing my target audience.

no, but you can mention how it makes you interested in physical and hands on medicine.
This is the best advice in this thread. Cool that you're interested in and you can definitely somehow tie it to an interest in physical exams and/or manipulative therapies, but it's not OMT.

Reactions: GUH