• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
With the future health reform, I've seen on some threads people saying that no one should go into Anesthesiology because of (a) nurse anesthesists almost taking over jobs and (b) the salary being much lower. So does medicare really affect specialties for hospitals? How much lower do you predict the salaries will be (like 1/3, 50% etc.)?

RT2MD

Now searching for substance P
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2007
The Great White North
Status
Resident [Any Field]

OR..... :beat:

To the OP: There are a lot of threads on this forum that provide responses to the exact questions you ask. If you are not a troll, I suggest that you do a search of the archives. You should find MORE than ample discussion regarding your topic.

(Damn it feels good to be a gangsta...)

About the Ads

CrazyJake

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
People are still going to need surgery. Hence, people will still need general anesthesia.

There was ZILCH in the health care reform about tort reform and Anesthesiologist will be fine (and better off than most physicians).

CJ

octane11

Removed
Aug 1, 2011
Status
People are still going to need surgery. Hence, people will still need general anesthesia.

There was ZILCH in the health care reform about tort reform and Anesthesiologist will be fine (and better off than most physicians).

CJ

here is the deal.. I hate to think that the future is bleak.. but.. MD only jobs will change into supervisory jobs so there will be less jobs with the same number or even more docs available so it may become a problem 10-20 years down the road because lets face it there isnt a problem with letting mid levels sit and monitor the patient while you are making decision with other patients . So I think we are training too many Anesthesiologists

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads