Is the Kaplan Diag really Off?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How accurate is the Kaplan first diagnostic test? I took it last week, didn't review on anything and did fairly well. Are the diag a lot easier than the real thing. The question are less and I didnt think there was much critical thinking other than those passages. Even though I couldn't remember 90% of the formulas in physical science and did horrible in the physics questions, I scored a 9.... im so confused.

I think I got a bad first impression on the test. It looks like if you remember your formulas you get a 10+ in physical science, if you know your physiology, you get a 10+ in biological science... and unless your an english major you'll get under 10 in Verbal Reasoning.

I shouldnt say much though, im only at the beginning of my studies and I've been procrastinating a lot. What did you guys think of the first diag?

Oh ya, I learned something... I hate VR :)

Members don't see this ad.

I actually scored a 9 on the PS section too. Let's just say we are the stand outs! The 46U people :p

I got a 8 on my Kaplan PS diagnostic by using the wonderful technique of guessing on at least half the questions =).

I was wondering the same thing!
Everyone has been doing so well on their Kaplan initial diags...
But the TPR diag is a killer! Me and my friends got in the teens.

i actually thought difficulty-wise it was pretty accurate in the PS and BS sections. VR too, but i got lucky and scored mega great.

i think people tend to think it is easier because it is shorter.