DO/MBA

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2001
Status (Visible)
Is the Kaplan shelf test comparable to the USMLE Step 1/Comlex Level 1?

Fanconi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2001
Status (Visible)
Yeah, I think they are pretty close to the real deal. Don't forget to check out some of those retired Step 1 questions (I forget the website). Those questions have a slight tendency to pop up again on the boards.

bcc5592

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2001
Augusta, GA
NA
Status (Visible)
I took the Kaplan test several years ago to decide how much studying was required to do well. I took it, did well, didn't study, and scored within a point of my Kaplan score on the actual exam. I think the pre-test is purposely more difficult, to convince you to take their course, and then the post-test is not as difficult, to convince you that you learned something from their course, and then you do about the same on the MCAT to prove its veracity. I only took the post-test, but talked to people that did both, and that was my impression. It should be noted that I am a cynic by nature.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.