Is the score of USMLE accredited outside the USA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nguyen duc huy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, every member in this forum
This thread is created to ask for some detailed information of USMLE's popularity that seems nearly impossible to find on the Internet.
Firstly, a small introduction of myself will certainly help everyone to comprehend my present dilemma. I am a fourth-year medical student coming from an Asian country where USMLE has been commonly utilized to appraise a physician's medical knowledge and skills. Like other colleagues in university, I have intensively revised for the exam but all efforts and rigorous preparation are currently on the brink of loss owing to my parents'assignments. They are tranferred to an office located in Germany and eagerly take the whole family over there just after my graduation. Hence, the only way to continue my medical study is enrolling in a German university's residency or master program.which requires me to complete many credits unavailable in our medical syllabus. It is the foremost reason why I desire to initially take this test and then use the achieved result to apply for postgraduate programs.
Therefore, what I doubt now is whether the score of usmle is accredited by German Medical Council. And if accepted, how high my score should be in order to gain direct admission to postgraduate training courses?
Many thanks for perusing this post and i rejoice at awaiting your helpful replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Try calling some of the German Universities and see their requirements for admission. They may have their own tests they would like you to take. Unfortunately I doubt many people on sdn will have a lot of experience with your particular situation. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry, didn't read the question stem carefully and my answer didn't make sense...
Never posting at 3 am again.

Hi, every member in this forum
This thread is created to ask for some detailed information of USMLE's popularity that seems nearly impossible to find on the Internet.
Firstly, a small introduction of myself will certainly help everyone to comprehend my present dilemma. I am a fourth-year medical student coming from an Asian country where USMLE has been commonly utilized to appraise a physician's medical knowledge and skills. Like other colleagues in university, I have intensively revised for the exam but all efforts and rigorous preparation are currently on the brink of loss owing to my parents'assignments. They are tranferred to an office located in Germany and eagerly take the whole family over there just after my graduation. Hence, the only way to continue my medical study is enrolling in a German university's residency or master program.which requires me to complete many credits unavailable in our medical syllabus. It is the foremost reason why I desire to initially take this test and then use the achieved result to apply for postgraduate programs.
Therefore, what I doubt now is whether the score of usmle is accredited by German Medical Council. And if accepted, how high my score should be in order to gain direct admission to postgraduate training courses?
Many thanks for perusing this post and i rejoice at awaiting your helpful replies.

Um, why don't you just stay behind? Is it not acceptable for you to rent an apartment yourself?