Is the situation hopeless?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDentalkid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore, I decided I wanted to pursue dentistry at the end of freshman year.

I had finished up Biology part 1, in the first semester of Freshman year. And Then in the 2nd semester I did not take any sciences.

Now I'm a transfer at Binghamton University, taking Biology 2. I couldn't get into the chemistry class this semester. And I can't take chemistry next semester either because our school does them consecutively. So I'm in a bit of a dilemma

I'm super late, I have the choice of taking chemistry in the summer. And finishing up orgo and physics in my junior year. Or taking Chemistry and physics in my junior year, and orgo in my senior year.

I don't know what to do, everyone tells me chemistry is ridiculously hard in the summer. And colleges look down upon science classes in the summer.

Should I take the long route, and stay another year. Or take sciences in the summer and finish it up? despite how hard the classes might be

Members don't see this ad.

I have found that classes in the summer are easier. Often times your classmates are other students that are retaking the class, as such, the curve is often lower. I also dont think that summer classes or less than. Just my opinion.