SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Is the transcript request form necessary if your school has their own form

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sssddd, May 30, 2008.

1. sssddd

sssddd Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 23, 2006
    My school has their own electronic system where I fill in the address and everything and then they will mail first class, is that good enough? Is the amcas transcript request form needed to be attached or is that just an addition thing in case we need it.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. SilentNight

SilentNight 7+ Year Member

Mar 4, 2008
    From my understanding it is required to have the transcript request form attached.
  4. LikeClockWork

LikeClockWork Guest

Jul 23, 2007
    It does list not having the AMCAS sheet as a reason the transcript may be rejected. I'm sure your school does this for every pre-med candidate they have, so it won't be a big deal.
  5. Bahadur

Bahadur Cookies! nom nom nom 2+ Year Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Don't worry. A lot of Universities (at least the UCs) send transcripts electronically to AMCAS because of a deal they have set up.

The registrar always tries to convince me that the cover sheet is not needed and that they end up throwing it away as soon as i leave the window, haha.
  6. jamesrick80

jamesrick80 7+ Year Member

Jan 27, 2008
    It is not required to have the transcript request form. Just make sure you already started the AMCAS application and that your school's identification number and social security number is on the application. I sent mine without any form and they sent me a email stating that they have received it.
  7. realjara

realjara 2+ Year Member

May 2, 2008
    Same with me. My schools only allow e-transcript requests and would not attach AMCAS request letter. I added my AMCAS ID in the "send to" address and everything was received with no delay.
  8. Tenk

Tenk Faculty 10+ Year Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Big school - not required.

Small school - better to be safe than sorry.
  9. the donkey

the donkey 5+ Year Member

Mar 28, 2008
    i didn't use the amcas form. just requested a transcript to be mailed to amcas by student services, and i had no problems. if its easier to use the amcas form, though, use it.