SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

is there a fafsa deadline like undergrad?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Daydreamer2008, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Daydreamer2008

Daydreamer2008 7+ Year Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Hi,
    I remember for undergrad there was a fafsa deadline of march 2 or something for grants and stuff, is it the same for med school?

i have no acceptances and dont want to bother with fafsa if i dont have to.
    Thanks!:)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. TMP-SMX

TMP-SMX Senior Member Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Yes it's the same. Many have the same deadlines as the state deadlines. Some schools have different dates. I suggest you send a FAFSA to all the schools you haven't been rejected to yet.

4. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!! 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2006
    well, the answer really isn't "yes" since the deadline isn't march 2 for all schools. the deadlines vary and are school-specific, as you otherwise suggest.

5. Wanna_B_Scutty

Wanna_B_Scutty MS1 2+ Year Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Agreed for two reasons. First, many schools' deadlines are fast approacing or have already arrived (my FAFSA was actually due yesterday!). Second, if schools are wondering whom to accept and whom not to, it's conceivable that they might look to see who has sent in their paperwork in order to determine continuing interest. Perhaps you might ask the adcoms on the "semisolicited thread" stickied to the top of the page whether this could be a factor?

6. KaraKiz

KaraKiz I'm Ron Burgundy? 7+ Year Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Baltimore
    I know you had to file before March 1 to be eligible for all scholarships at my state school (Maryland). You would still be eligible for loans if you filed after March 1, but not for the state scholarships and grants. Not sure how this works at all schools, but earlier is generally better when it comes to FAFSA.

7. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!! 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2006
    the schools that i'm in at seem to have mid-march deadlines.