Is there a general Waive Right to LOR form?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bali

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kind of confused, is there a general waive right of access to LORs on the AAMC website? or is that something you would do individually, at your university? I'm getting individual letters for all my LORs, and can't seem to find the appropriate form anywhere, either on the AAMC website or at my university.

Members don't see this ad.

I am also trying to find the answer to this question. I called AMCAS and they said they don't have one, but to check with your school to see if they do. Mine doesn't. Not sure what to do.

thats odd - at my school, you print the the LOR off the website and you have to submit the waiver to the office and they keep it on file for you.....I think

Members don't see this ad :)
Who's requiring the waiver? You could point to the AMCAS web page where they explicitly state that "under no circumstances will AMCAS provide applicants access to letters of evaluation" and see if that is sufficient.

thats odd - at my school, you print the the LOR off the website and you have to submit the waiver to the office and they keep it on file for you.....I think
Mine does the same thing. You tell them who will be writing your letters and they make forms that you give to your LOR writers to submit with the letters. I feel like whichever letter collection service you use would probably provide that for you. Can anyone that used Interfolio etc. verify this for OP?

p.s. Maubs, you're back at it with the AMCAS hyperlinks of wisdom. :thumbup:

Mine does the same thing. You tell them who will be writing your letters and they make forms that you give to your LOR writers to submit with the letters. I feel like whichever letter collection service you use would probably provide that for you. Can anyone that used Interfolio etc. verify this for OP?

p.s. Maubs, you're back at it with the AMCAS hyperlinks of wisdom. :thumbup:

Interfolio gives you the option of requesting "confidential letters of recommendation." That's all that's needed.

(I feel like I've gotten to more intimately know the AMCAS website over the last couple of weeks than I ever needed to during my application cycle.)