is there a limit of how many words count for personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyermann1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It might be a stupid question, but I have been trying to find the words limit for personal statement on AADSAS web site and I couldn't find it anywhere. So all senior memebers or someone who is working on applications right now please help me on this. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

4000 characters, including spaces and punctuation.

coral2005 said:
4000 characters, including spaces and punctuation.

close - its actually 4500.

here are the instructions as they appear on AADSAS:

Your Personal Statement should address why you desire to pursue a dental education and how a dental degree contributes to your personal and professional goals.
You are encouraged to compose your statement in a text-only word processor (e.g., Notepad), review your statement for errors, then cut and paste the final version into the text box above. Click the Save button and return to the Personal Statement to review the formatting of your text. You are limited to approximately 1 page (4500 characters, including spaces).

Some formatting characters used in programs like Word (angled quotes, accents, special characters) will not display properly. Carefully review your final text and to make the necessary corrections to the format.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it :)

Sorry. I should have double checked that first.