Is there a limit on the amount of letter of recommendations on PharmCAS?

Oct 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I learned that the letters are submitted directly to pharmcas from the writer, which sucks to be honest, but is there a limit on how many are submitted? There are some schools that need only a certain amount of LoRs, so if let's say I have 5, and a school needs 3, do I choose from the 5 I have available? This is kind of confusing to me.

Mar 4, 2012
Durham, North Carolina
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
yes, 4

87asu

5+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2013
BFE
Status
Pharmacy Student

Last edited:
OP
mjmjoa
Oct 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
And of those 4 if a school only wants 3, then they will choose which ones to view.
Would you recommend doing 2 professors and 2 healthcare professionals/managers, or 3 professors and 1 healthcare professional?

Thestrugglez

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2014
Status
Pharmacist
Would you recommend doing 2 professors and 2 healthcare professionals/managers, or 3 professors and 1 healthcare professional?
Would the 3rd professor or 2nd healthcare professional write a better letter? Most schools require 2-3 and a few will accept 4. So if the fourth one is not up to par with the other three, I'd forgo the last one altogether.

OP
mjmjoa
Oct 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Would the 3rd professor or 2nd healthcare professional write a better letter? Most schools require 2-3 and a few will accept 4. So if the fourth one is not up to par with the other three, I'd forgo the last one altogether.
Do I get a chance to read them before submitted?

Mar 4, 2012
Durham, North Carolina
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Do I get a chance to read them before submitted?
some very good-mannored people give you a hardcopy of LOR..however that's unusual. you might need to ask them. However, you do not have to read it though (unless you don't trust that person..in that case, you should've not asked!)

Reactions: oldstock