Is there a list of medical schools that require letters to have official letterheads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Albucasis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a list of the med schools that require letters to be on official letterheads and contain signatures.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

sketchy post alert

I guess... I still haven't decided which med schools I'm applying to, but I've already requested my professors to submit their letters. If I see that it is really important, as in attractive schools require it, then I'll ask my professors to print on letterhead. Otherwise, I won't deal with the trouble.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess... I still haven't decided which med schools I'm applying to, but I've already requested my professors to submit their letters. If I see that it is really important, as in attractive schools require it, then I'll ask my professors to print on letterhead. Otherwise, I won't deal with the trouble.
It's really important.

Professors should be used to providing official letters of recommendations already, along with the protocol of sealing and signing them. It would be very suspicious otherwise. Why do you think it's trouble? They are already spending the time writing you a letter.

Obviously every letter needs to contain a signature. You should just assume that every school requires LORs with letterheads.

I didn't specify in my request that people use official letterhead and two folks have already submitted their letters. If I ask and find out they did not use official letterhead, are they able to remove the letter and upload a new one in AMCAS or is it too late? I'm going to email the other people I'm waiting on to request they use letterhead.