Is There A Lot Of Hooking Up With Fellow Med Students In Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skum Bagg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
gosh,....i hope so..

Members don't see this ad.

Skum Bagg said:
gosh,....i hope so..
ofcourse. it's like high school. but, buyer BEWARE

Skum Bagg said:
gosh,....i hope so..

I dont understand teh stigma around not hooking up with your classmates. So what, if it doesnt work out, and you still end up seeing them everyday,, what is the problem with this??

Members don't see this ad :)
Ross434 said:
I dont understand teh stigma around not hooking up with your classmates. So what, if it doesnt work out, and you still end up seeing them everyday,, what is the problem with this??

I don't necessarily think it's a problem to hook up with fellow med school students, but someone is always going to get hurt. Unless clear rules have been laid out in the beginning (i.e. "I just want to hook-up and nothing more" or "I'm calling you at 2am because I want to hook up and not talk about anatomy"), someone will develop feelings for the other that can't or won't be reciprocated. And those feelings are intensified when you see that person who vanquished their love for you on a continual basis. It's probably even more exacerbated by the fact that you might have a locker next to them. And even more exacerbated, when said person starts dating or hooking up with someone else.

Although it can be done, it's like dating a co-worker. . . Too many emotions and your ability to do good work will likely suffer (unless as mentioned, clear rules have been set or the sex is amazing). :D

Jennifer25 said:
I don't necessarily think it's a problem to hook up with fellow med school students, but someone is always going to get hurt. Unless clear rules have been laid out in the beginning (i.e. "I just want to hook-up and nothing more" or "I'm calling you at 2am because I want to hook up and not talk about anatomy"), someone will develop feelings for the other that can't or won't be reciprocated. And those feelings are intensified when you see that person who vanquished their love for you on a continual basis. It's probably even more exacerbated by the fact that you might have a locker next to them. And even more exacerbated, when said person starts dating or hooking up with someone else.

Although it can be done, it's like dating a co-worker. . . Too many emotions and your ability to do good work will likely suffer (unless as mentioned, clear rules have been set or the sex is amazing). :D

Or, if you're a totally unfeeling bastard, like me, you could just break up with them and completely forget about it ! :D

Ross434 said:
Or, if you're a totally unfeeling bastard, like me, you could just break up with them and completely forget about it ! :D

It doesn't matter if your uncaring, because the girl (or guy) could go fatal attraction on you. The next thing you know, there is a bunny rabbitt boiling on your apartment stove.

Ross434 said:

You've obviously never been stalked and/or threatened by a spurned ex. Don't laugh; it does happen to guys as well as girls. You'll not be so "totally unfeeling" if you have to call the cops, change your phone number and door locks, file a restraining order, or even transfer schools to get away from the person. As if med school isn't stressful enough without a mess like that on your hands.

QofQuimica said:
You've obviously never been stalked and/or threatened by a spurned ex. Don't laugh; it does happen to guys as well as girls. You'll not be so "totally unfeeling" if you have to call the cops, change your phone number and door locks, file a restraining order, or even transfer schools to get away from the person. As if med school isn't stressful enough without a mess like that on your hands.

That would be HILARIOUS! if a chick ever tries stalking me, she's gonna get smacked. Haha. omg this is funny. (i realize it may be true, it just seems so......)

my med school friends who have done so have told me its not a good idea....causes added unwanted stress, tension, and/or awkwardness when you're in school.....but it happens and i guess they deal with it so its your choice really!

i don't get the faux pas associated with this. it's called being adults, people. if things don't work out, then that sucks but it's not the end of the world.

geez. grow up.

stoic said:
i don't get the faux pas associated with this. it's called being adults, people. if things don't work out, then that sucks but it's not the end of the world.

geez. grow up.

But does everyone grow up, especially when it comes to relationships. I am pretty sure there is a high infidelity rate amongst doctors. I would say cheating on your spouse is pretty immature.

stoic said:

geez. grow up.

:laugh: tell that to a psycho stalker

ElKapitan said:
But does everyone grow up, especially when it comes to relationships. I am pretty sure there is a high infidelity rate amongst doctors. I would say cheating on your spouse is pretty immature.

Get off your high horse. Powerful people in this world do what they want.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ross434 said:
Get off your high horse. Powerful people in this world do what they want.

That reminds of the south park, where Cartman goes onto the maury povich show, "whatevea, I do what I want"

btw, your a troll

I think it's also a matter of seeing the same people day in and day out. People get pretty sick of each other, and tend to look outside the med school community for potential dates.

A large # of people, such as myself, also come into med school already attached...

ElKapitan said:
It doesn't matter if your uncaring, because the girl (or guy) could go fatal attraction on you. The next thing you know, there is a bunny rabbitt boiling on your apartment stove.
www.savetoby.com

Bang as many as you can, you're only there for 4 years and you'll most likely never see any of them again.. :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Law2Doc said:
I would think the "I'm a med student" rap works best on people who aren't also in med school... :rolleyes:

Agreed. It's easier to impress the outsiders.

I've heard that if you must dip your pen in company ink, the logical choice is to go with a class above or below you. Fewer repercussions from a bad breakup that way. OTOH, what does "logic" have to do with relationships?

A large # of people, such as myself, also come into med school already attached...

And this is relevant, how exactly? ;)

Skum Bagg said:
gosh,....i hope so..

Don't date another med student, it's not worth it. Keep in mind that most of these girls are not your average run of the mill dumb blondes. This means that they will probably respond differently to being used than that dumb girl that sat beside you in English 101. Plus med school is already intense. There is no need to add drama to a stressful life. I think your best bet is to date the nursing students. I have found that a lot of them are strangely attracted to the med students (perhaps they want to tell mom and dad that their engaged to a doctor). If you are a half way attractive male and at least mildly charming, you should have no problems bagging one of the nursing students for the weekend. And then it's wam bam thank you mam! You won’t even have to see them in class. By the way, I here med school parties are legendary. Expect to hook up with someone.

Yours
Caraway

clc8503 said:
And then it's wam bam thank you mam! You won’t even have to see them in class. By the way, I here med school parties are legendary. Expect to hook up with someone.

Yours
Caraway

you are too funny.

clc8503 said:
Don't date another med student, it's not worth it. Keep in mind that most of these girls are not your average run of the mill dumb blondes. This means that they will probably respond differently to being used than that dumb girl that sat beside you in English 101. Plus med school is already intense. There is no need to add drama to a stressful life. I think your best bet is to date the nursing students. I have found that a lot of them are strangely attracted to the med students (perhaps they want to tell mom and dad that their engaged to a doctor). If you are a half way attractive male and at least mildly charming, you should have no problems bagging one of the nursing students for the weekend. And then it's wam bam thank you mam! You won’t even have to see them in class. By the way, I here med school parties are legendary. Expect to hook up with someone.

Yours
Caraway

So who do female med students hook up with if not with fellow med students? Male nursing students?? :confused:

Blue Scrub said:
So who do female med students hook up with if not with fellow med students? Male nursing students?? :confused:

I don't know who they hook with and I don't care. I would much prefer the nursing students over my competition. I promise you, things will get weird if you hook with your lab partner for the night. But don't take my word for it, go ahead and taste the forbidden fruit if you wish.

Yours,
Caraway

Jennifer25 said:
"I'm calling you at 2am because I want to hook up and not talk about anatomy"
Wouldn't that call actually be about anatomy?

Gosh, med students or nursing students....it doesn't matter. You only live once so just enjoy them all. Why discriminate?