Is there a peak time for interview invites or are they evenly distributed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suffer

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like do most IIs come out in October (for example) or do they come out evenly in waves? I know Thanksgiving is the cutoff for bad news

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't take the planeblue tracker to be an absolute truth or even a representation of what's happening. There are two serious limitations (reported by planeblue himself)

"Approximately 4229, or 5.4%, of the approximately 78,000 interview invitations (source: MSAR) that were given out last year by US allopathic schools were reported on SDN over the 132 included schools for an average of 32 II's per school.

Based on SDN self-reported II data for one cycle (2015-2016)"

5% is too small to be representative (also talk about a very low reporting rate on SDN). And of those, these are self-reported and limited to one cycle, US MD only.

Personally, these are too limiting for the tracker to be of good use, so I'd use it to get a very general idea of what's going on and only with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd use it to get a very general idea of what's going on and only with a grain of salt.

This is how almost all the information on sdn should be used.

Reactions: 1 user