Is there a specific way to update schools with new coursework taken during the summer while applying

swolebrah

sup
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I understand I send updated transcripts to AMCAS/AACOMAS/TMDSAS...however how do the schools know about these updates?

Do I send out specific updates by emailing the admissions department in each school that I submitted a secondary application to?

Thank you .

It was 8 credits I took (all science upper level courses) in 8 weeks and I received A's in all of them and I know it will be a huge boost to my science and cumulative GPA. This is why I ask!

About the Ads

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
You need to check if AMCAS updates your GPAs after you are verified. I didn't think they did but I'm probably wrong. If they don't it's on you to send new transcripts to all the MD schools you applied to. I do think ACCOMAS does update GPAs when new transcripts are received. I know zip about TMDSAS. Good luck!

Reactions: swolebrah

swolebrah

sup
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
You need to check if AMCAS updates your GPAs after you are verified. I didn't think they did but I'm probably wrong. If they don't it's on you to send new transcripts to all the MD schools you applied to. I do think ACCOMAS does update GPAs when new transcripts are received. I know zip about TMDSAS. Good luck!
Thank you. Do you think it would be smart to send a short email to all the schools I have sent secondaries to letting them know of my new coursework and grades?

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
Be careful. Some schools take updates and some don't. Call ACMAS and see if they update your GPAs. If they do just send your new transcripts to them and the schools you applied to will know about your new GPA. If not I guess just send the new transcripts to the schools. I guess you could call some of the schools and see what they say to do.

Reactions: swolebrah
About the Ads