Is there a way to buy online MCAT tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I already have access to the TPR and AAMC tests. Is there a way to buy more online tests like from kaplan, for example?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think Kaplan sells their online stuff ala carte. You could buy the examkrackers or gold standard ones. I don't know how good they are as I've not used them for full tests but the individual questions seem pretty good. Also, if you can deal with a paper version you could buy the 2 practice test book that kaplan sells.

I don't think Kaplan sells their online stuff ala carte. You could buy the examkrackers or gold standard ones. I don't know how good they are as I've not used them for full tests but the individual questions seem pretty good. Also, if you can deal with a paper version you could buy the 2 practice test book that kaplan sells.

I just order the paper version of kaplan tests from some one that was selling it for $5.00.

I have a EK package version 7 that I plan to use just for practice. This thing came w/ one paper test. Does EK sell online tests or just paper tests?

I would like to ramp up taking tests in the coming weeks so, I am trying to collect some materials. Ofcourse, I could take the free kaplan test and the free TPR test. Is the AAMC free test different from the tests #3 thr' #10? Is there a free AAMC test? I could go look but I am just a bit burned out today.

Thanks very much for your response!

The AAMC free online test is cbt-3r. If you already have 3-10 then I think this is the same thing.

I don't know if EK has online tests. They have an online MCAT question of the day here. I wake up with it every day. Gold standard has a free one here and they sell a pack of 10 cbts for $150. I don't know whether you can get them individually and they're notoriously difficult.

Gold standard has a free one here and they sell a pack of 10 cbts for $150. don't know whether you can get them individually and they're notoriously difficult.

Difficult and frustrating. There were usually 3-4 questions per BS section I could argue to death b/c of how poorly the questions were posed or how poorly the answer choices were offered.

Here is a strange, hypothetical, although fair in my estimation, example:
Let say a passage describes smelliness as a function of some amine-derivative, compound x, and they provide the following table.

Table 1
-------------
Object under study...................Compound "X" Concentration
Feet......................................[0.000201]
Butt......................................[0.000203]
Mouth...................................[0.000296]
Shoes...................................[0.000426]

Then you can have a question that could ask "what is the smelliest part on the body" a) feet, b) butt, c) mouth, d) shoes. You say, well, it can't be d because shoes aren't a bodypart, so it has to be mouth.

Then you'll get your test graded and you'll find out later the answer was shoes.

Then you'll post the problem in the forum and "Dr. Ferdinand" will say: "well, clearly, compound X had the highest concentration in the shoes".

And you say: "but the shoes aren't a bodypart".

And he'll say: "Well, I'd argue that it is considering they spend most of the time attached to your body. And even then, you've got to be prepared for the ambiguous questions that the MCAT will throw at you."

Then you say: "Thanks, but this isn't ambiguity, its just plain wrong"

And he'll say: "Well, clearly we will disagree here, but the important part is that this was a learning experience."

Oh, and the VR is GS is too easy to make matters worse.

Okay, rant over :mad: