Is there a way to do this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Punchap

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have wanted to become a doctor for quite some time now, and I've been researching different ways to go about it...I have always assumed that I would go to a university for a four-year degree and then on to med. school. As an undergraduate, I want to study social sciences in addition to my pre-med. courses. My question to you is this: Is there a way I can go to nursing school, complete med. school requirements and study social sciences? I would like to become a nurse and work my way through school. Has anyone here done something similar? Do you have any suggestions? Please let me know. Thanks.

Punchap

Members don't see this ad.

hey. i think i talked to you on a different forum. check out the requirements for nursing school, there are a lot of social science classes..developmental psych, abnormal psych...etc. the closest match for a major might be psychology. it would probably be possible to do all 3, you might just need to take some summer classes. but for instance i think you need gen chem, microbio, and a & p for nursing. gen chem will knock out a pre med req and the other will sure look good on an application. another thing to consider is that med school is a huge comitment, and if you have such a tough undergrad schedule for 4 years, you might want a little bitof a break. i think you can do travel nursing right out of nursing school now, might be interesting for a year before med school. nurses make the best doctors. good luck.