Is there a website that lets you put in symptoms and spits out diagnosis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a website that lets you put in symptoms and spits out diagnosis? I feel like ive seen this before... and figure its prob a good learning tool, but not sure where ive seen it.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a website that lets you put in symptoms and spits out diagnosis? I feel like ive seen this before... and figure its prob a good learning tool, but not sure where ive seen it.
sounds like a very bad leaning tool. there are a few programs out there, not sure if they're still in use, like diagnosaurus. though i might be dating myself with that since that was when I used a palm pilot for a year. now that there are smart phones, i'm sure there's an app for that. The ons I've used int eh past were honestly just really really bad and your'e better off learning on your own.

sounds like a very bad leaning tool. there are a few programs out there, not sure if they're still in use, like diagnosaurus. though i might be dating myself with that since that was when I used a palm pilot for a year. now that there are smart phones, i'm sure there's an app for that. The ons I've used int eh past were honestly just really really bad and your'e better off learning on your own.
Diagnosaurus still exists; I believe my school has a subscription to it. DXPlain also exists, which I found to be very minimally helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
to my knowledge IBM's watson isn't available off the shelf yet.

Agile Diagnosis used to do this:

But it looks like they changed their name to AgileMD and now they're just making smartphone-friendly lists. What happened to the awesome symptom tool?!

Diagnosarus.

Not so much a learning tool but a way to come up with a reasonable DDx in the couple of minutes you have after seeing a patient about whom you have no idea what's going on and staffing with your resident/attending.

there are plenty, but if you cant in, 15 seconds, tell better diferential diagnoses than those apps, you are doing it wrong.
Zebras are easy compared to camouflaged horses.

Just learned that the Symptom checker tool is still there, under "Symptom to Diagnosis" - I think it costs money though for people who weren't grandfathered in during their "free membership for life" thing about a year ago.