Is there an online Writing portion of the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zut212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some questions about the Writing portion of the MCATs.
1. Is there an online site for people who want to take the MCAT that tests your ability to write essays? When I took the MCAT last year, there was not.
2. How important is the writing portion of the MCAT when compared to the other parts? My guess is that IT'S EQUALLY IMPORTANT! This is my opinion. However, I noticed that when people share their scores, they often omit their writing portion's score. What is your opinion of the writing portion?

Members don't see this ad.

I have some questions about the Writing portion of the MCATs.
1. Is there an online site for people who want to take the MCAT that tests your ability to write essays? When I took the MCAT last year, there was not.
2. How important is the writing portion of the MCAT when compared to the other parts? My guess is that IT'S EQUALLY IMPORTANT! This is my opinion. However, I noticed that when people share their scores, they often omit their writing portion's score. What is your opinion of the writing portion?

WS doesn't matter unless you're a ****** and don't write with half decent grammar and punctuation.

Hmm... I think the writing portion is definitely an important part of the test. It shows our ability to relate information and how capable we are of expressing ourselves in a coherent manner, in ways the rest of the exam cannot. Don't neglect it and take pride in your writing skills. Perhaps if you'll apply to a school that's heavy in research, they would especailly want you to write well.

Hmm... I think the writing portion is definitely an important part of the test. It shows our ability to relate information and how capable we are of expressing ourselves in a coherent manner, in ways the rest of the exam cannot. Don't neglect it and take pride in your writing skills. Perhaps if you'll apply to a school that's heavy in research, they would especailly want you to write well.

Your personal statement and secondary are what schools use to determine your writing ability.