Is there any difference between 2004 and 2001 dental decks for Part 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajayya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please comment. Also, does any one know of any cheap way to get the CD for 2004 dental decks?

Members don't see this ad.

rajayya said:
Please comment. Also, does any one know of any cheap way to get the CD for 2004 dental decks?

hey rajayya,

i have 2001 decks and have got a chance to see 2004 decks. there 50 or more new cards in the 2004 edition. some have been deleted from 2001 and new ones have taken their place. there is a new section in mic/path 2004 decks called infection control. also in many of the answers at the back of the 2004 cards they have added one or 2 extra points in all 4 sections.

as far getting a cd of 2004 decks for cheap i don't have a clue.

lasjy

Hi lasjy,
Do u have 2004 decks in CD?..Pls let me know where to buy from.

Members don't see this ad :)
dentaldoc said:
Hi lasjy,
Do u have 2004 decks in CD?..Pls let me know where to buy from.

nope :confused:

lasjy

Hey guys,
i have the 2004 decks been using them for about a month and a half now. I was previously using the 1998 decks and in comparison to those there is a lot more information...as lasjy said there seems to be two to three extra points written on these cards that i have never heard mentioned anywhere else...all i can hope is that the people at the decks corp found out that these type of things were being asked in new versions of the exam and decided to put the min the cards....personally i feel the new decks are a lot more detailed than previous versions...the print size on teh back of a lot of cards is quite small because they have put so much information on the back of the cards!!!! But the more info they give us the better ...cuz u know that most of the questions come from these cards and these people know what they are talking about...the downside is that i find it harder to memorize these cards obviously because of the large amount of information they contain...but that being said...all the previous info is still pretty much there and the key points remain the same. I do think these would be a good investment for anyone planning to give part 1. i'm planniing to give part 1 cbt on july 1st. let's see if i dont push it back a week or so!!!!! I'm doing about 80 cards a day plus one complete old exam i'm studying about 6-8 hours..i hear of people putting in 10-12 hours but that's just beyond my league...i've never been one to study THAT much!!!!!!! any questions let me know

If anyone else has compared the 2001 with the 2004 let me know. i would like to k now what differences i have in my 2004 cards

Looks like I have to spend another $200 for buying 2004 dental decks eventhough I bought 2001 last yr :(
I hope it's worth it :confused:

dentaldoc said:
Looks like I have to spend another $200 for buying 2004 dental decks eventhough I bought 2001 last yr :(
I hope it's worth it :confused:

Dental doc before u go out and buy the 2004 decks, remember that I am comparing the 2004 decks with the 1998 decks that I was using previously...in that comparison there is quite a bit of improvement however I am unaware exactly how much difference there is between the 2001, and 2004 decks. What I do know for sure is that there are two new sections....one of TMJ and one on Infection Control(IC) . However i wanna tell u guys that the questions and cards that are in these two new sections are stuff that I'm sure u all already know...the TMJ questions just explain about supporting ligaments and muslces etc. not that much new stuff there and infection control...is like the same question about the difference between disinfection, sterilizing, and antiseptics asked about 20 different ways!!!!!!!! So nothing much to worry about there either...I will point out though that I find the cards to be much more detailed on the back with more than just one key point given on each card...so dental doc and anyone else planning on buying them that's the new stuff so make ure decisions and good luck!!!! :thumbup: :laugh: :cool: :D

Hope your prep is going on in a full swing.....Good Luck with the exam...Plz do keep us informed abt ur test experience :luck:
in b/w khurram...any idea on the total # of cards in 2004 decks :confused:

Hi wiztooth,
sorry i dont have an exact idea of how many more cards there are but i do know there is a new section in patho/micro called infection control and that has 23 cards. Then there are about 15-18 new cards on TMJ. So all in all i would say there about somewhere between 40-50 new cards i could be wrong though!!! i'll count then whe ni get a chance and let u know..and dont worry i will tell you all bout my experience ....just pray for me that it's a good one!!!!! :eek: i'm getting mroe and more stressed by the day but i've come to the point where i feel like i will know as much on teh day of the exam as i know right now...like my brain has become as saturated as it can be with info and nothing else will stick in it :D let's see though .....if i can pull of a good score then ANYONE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!