Is there any foreign dentist who practice in China?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Josephine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I want to know how to get a license if someone is gonna practice dentistry in China. Is there anyone who knows about it?
How should a foreign graduate get a license in China, is he/she allowed to take the dental licensure exam in China? how is it?
Please help me. I would be very appreciated then.
Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I want to know how to get a license if someone is gonna practice dentistry in China. Is there anyone who knows about it?
How should a foreign graduate get a license in China, is he/she allowed to take the dental licensure exam in China? how is it?
Thanks a lot!

hey there, i got a freind he is a dentist in China, i can ask him about the details of your question if you want.
my emai: [email protected]

Thanks a lot!

foreign people may take the same exam as other dentist do in China(in Chinese,sure) ,but the income of a Chinese doctor is relatively low

Members don't see this ad :)
foreign people may take the same exam as other dentist do in China(in Chinese,sure) ,but the income of a Chinese doctor is relatively low

If you are trying to be helpful you should know that no one that wants to go to China would give any credence to what you are saying. You give no supporting evidence, anecdotal or otherewise, and make it seem like you just show up in China and take the exam no problem. What visa do you go on? A tourist visa? Will they really let you sit the exam? If not which visa? What experience do you need practising? What about the foreign doctors/dentists that are in Beijing and other big cities that don't speak, read or write Chinese?What did they do?

I don't know if you are trying to discourage or encourage the OP but you must know you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Stop cluttering the board with you nonsense no one wants to hear it.

If you are trying to be helpful you should know that no one that wants to go to China would give any credence to what you are saying. You give no supporting evidence, anecdotal or otherewise, and make it seem like you just show up in China and take the exam no problem. What visa do you go on? A tourist visa? Will they really let you sit the exam? If not which visa? What experience do you need practising? What about the foreign doctors/dentists that are in Beijing and other big cities that don't speak, read or write Chinese?What did they do?

I don't know if you are trying to discourage or encourage the OP but you must know you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Stop cluttering the board with you nonsense no one wants to hear it.

Chill man, the income of a doc in China is low(compare to the U.S..) that's right.But compare to the other occupation, it's quite high..

Chill man, the income of a doc in China is low(compare to the U.S..) that's right.But compare to the other occupation, it's quite high..

Maybe I should take it easy but there is so much nonsense on these boards when it comes to China. I'm living and going to school here and know this is nonsense. If you are serving mostly foreigners then doctors here can still make USD 100 000 . I've seen the jobs advertised and you don't need to "take the same exam as other dentist," or doctors. It should be noted that these jobs require a lot of experience working in Western hospitals and are NOT available for anyone graduated within the last 4-5 years. One such job I saw advertised was for an American consulate here.

And for the record, no, salaries for the vast majority of doctors in China are not quite high compared to other professionals. For example, in Benxi, a city of about 1 000 000 in NE China the average doctor makes 2 000 RMB a month. That isn't that much more than a teacher gets in that city. Doctors are nowhere near as respected as in the West and it can be difficult to get a job after graduating from a local university.

Maybe I should take it easy but there is so much nonsense on these boards when it comes to China. I'm living and going to school here and know this is nonsense. If you are serving mostly foreigners then doctors here can still make USD 100 000 . I've seen the jobs advertised and you don't need to "take the same exam as other dentist," or doctors. It should be noted that these jobs require a lot of experience working in Western hospitals and are NOT available for anyone graduated within the last 4-5 years. One such job I saw advertised was for an American consulate here.

And for the record, no, salaries for the vast majority of doctors in China are not quite high compared to other professionals. For example, in Benxi, a city of about 1 000 000 in NE China the average doctor makes 2 000 RMB a month. That isn't that much more than a teacher gets in that city. Doctors are nowhere near as respected as in the West and it can be difficult to get a job after graduating from a local university.
i rarely make explanation,buddy.i'm a Chinese and live in Shanghai.i saw a post about China so made the reply above. maybe i'm not familiar with the manner of the forum but i really want to be helpful.

I'm sure you realize that the mere fact you happen to reside in the state in question doesn't inherently bestow on you any insight into the relevant processes. What you said is simply not supportable by actual facts. Purveyors of misinformation are to be pointed out whatever their intentions may or may not be.

Having said that, at least you aren't disparaging the medical system like many people on here. However, it is still better if you consider refraining from posting next time if you aren't sure of the actual situation. Maybe I have more experience with you regarding many Westerners' opinions of medicine in China. For that reason I am probably just more annoyed by all the misinformation than you.

"Still applying", it is painful to listen to people like you in these forums. You really must think you know EVERYTHING. Definitely need to chill.

I'd be interested to know the compensation for a US-trained dentist (DDS or DMD degree) working in Shanghai or other areas of China. If anyone can share their insights, it would be greatly appreciated.