SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Is there any foreigner who work as pharmacy technacian

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by Srabony Khan, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Srabony Khan

Srabony Khan

Apr 6, 2007
    Hi
    I m a foreign pharmacist willing to take ptcb exam.But i m on dependent vise with no work permit.Is there any foreign technacian who can give me advice regarding the work permit to start my career as a pharmacy technacian.Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks
    Srabony

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Williamlh1982

Williamlh1982 5+ Year Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co-ask~
    I want to know too~

4. LiveLoveFartRepeat

LiveLoveFartRepeat LiveLoveFartRepeat Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jan 31, 2005
    King's Landing
    Unless you have a special family situation that can allow to apply under a special category you can't apply for a h1b to be a pharmacy tech.

why?

because h1b are for highly skilled jobs and pharmacy tech is not one ( that I know off)

your options:

1) you are a pharmacist.. check with the state board where you live at to see if you qualify to take the necessary exams for foreign pharmacists to practise in the US.
    2) what type of dependant visa are you on? a dependant of a H1b or of a F-1 visa holder? If you are a dependant of a F-1, you will have to swich to a F-1 of your own, because F-2 can't go to school. But if you are a H1b dependant you should be able to go to school.

My best advice will be for you to look for a pharmacy school that offers 1-2 years program for foreign pharmacists and transitionne your first pharmacy degree to a pharmD.

Good luck