khan786

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2004
19
0
Visit site
Status
i am currently a pre medical student at the university of pre medicinal studies in concord, california. i am 21 and i am going to graduate next year. all my life i have wanted to go to medical school, but my grades have suffered because i volunteer for an animal shelter in fremont, california :clap: i dont want to give up my place as a cat organization vip :D anyways, i have a 3.0 :oops: and on my mcats i got a 15 :rolleyes: my top school of choice is Washington university or university of pennsylvania. i am an intellegent person :D so is there any hope for me! :idea: :thumbdown: or :thumbup:
 

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
5,470
8
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
:rolleyes:
 
About the Ads

BigRedPingpong

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
543
1
38
NY
Visit site
Status
:thumbup: :thumbup:
khan786 said:
i am currently a pre medical student at the university of pre medicinal studies in concord, california. i am 21 and i am going to graduate next year. all my life i have wanted to go to medical school, but my grades have suffered because i volunteer for an animal shelter in fremont, california :clap: i dont want to give up my place as a cat organization vip :D anyways, i have a 3.0 :oops: and on my mcats i got a 15 :rolleyes: my top school of choice is Washington university or university of pennsylvania. i am an intellegent person :D so is there any hope for me! :idea: :thumbdown: or :thumbup:
 

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
4,206
11
42
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
you're golden!
 

mlw03

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
3,127
127
38
Canada
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
washu and penn are pipe dreams... set your sights a little lower. perhaps stanford or harvard would let ya in.

khan786 said:
i am currently a pre medical student at the university of pre medicinal studies in concord, california. i am 21 and i am going to graduate next year. all my life i have wanted to go to medical school, but my grades have suffered because i volunteer for an animal shelter in fremont, california :clap: i dont want to give up my place as a cat organization vip :D anyways, i have a 3.0 :oops: and on my mcats i got a 15 :rolleyes: my top school of choice is Washington university or university of pennsylvania. i am an intellegent person :D so is there any hope for me! :idea: :thumbdown: or :thumbup:
 

WatchingWaiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2003
637
0
Visit site
Status
mlw03 said:
washu and penn are pipe dreams... set your sights a little lower. perhaps stanford or harvard would let ya in.
Let's be honest here. Given the strong evidence of compassion and empathy demonstrated by his extracurricular activity, I think he stands a good chance of favorable consideration at a Yale or Michigan type.
 

BigRedPingpong

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
543
1
38
NY
Visit site
Status
I think that you should also mention that there is a strong SDN found negative correlation between grades and how "cool" and "friendly" of a doctor one will become. Therefore, since this person has relatively lower grades, he will be much "cooler" than the rest. Definitely Hopkins material.




WatchingWaiting said:
Let's be honest here. Given the strong evidence of compassion and empathy demonstrated by his extracurricular activity, I think he stands a good chance of favorable consideration at a Yale or Michigan type.
 

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2002
1,230
4
Status
Resident [Any Field]
LOL........ironically, my top two choices are WashU and Penn, and I'm on the waitlist at both of them. can't really compete with a 15 mcat though :D
 

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
2,011
8
GA
Visit site
Status
Where is your university? I've never heard of that school, but in all honesty it probably doesn't matter. With a 3.0 and 15, you are a long shot at any MD program in the states. You might have a chance in the Caribbean or in Osteopathic schools depending on your EC's and LOR's. I would really advise you to take the MCAT again and see what you can do because the 3.0 isn't as bad as the 15. If you show perseverence a lot of schools will reward you for that. Good luck.
 

The JockDoc

lighting up the court
15+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2003
304
10
Status
Attending Physician
willthatsall said:
Where is your university? I've never heard of that school, but in all honesty it probably doesn't matter. With a 3.0 and 15, you are a long shot at any MD program in the states. You might have a chance in the Caribbean or in Osteopathic schools depending on your EC's and LOR's. I would really advise you to take the MCAT again and see what you can do because the 3.0 isn't as bad as the 15. If you show perseverence a lot of schools will reward you for that. Good luck.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

lotanna

Child of God
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2002
1,568
0
Global nomad
Visit site
Status
ur like good to go, infact throw in a couple of mediocre schls like Hopkins and Harvard that way u keep ur options open u know. Even ur state schl just 4 the heck of it, might get a full ride there u know :idea:
 

linus

fly tux.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
162
0
Status
dude, with a degree from UPMS you're golden. what was your mcat breakdown cuz if it's 5's across the board then you should be ok.
 

SpiritiualDuck

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2003
328
0
41
NYC
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm surprised they haven't already awarded you an MD. Easily, I can see why you couldn't just skip medical school and start your residency. :clap:
 
About the Ads