• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

khan786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2004
Status (Visible)
i am currently a pre medical student at the university of pre medicinal studies in concord, california. i am 21 and i am going to graduate next year. all my life i have wanted to go to medical school, but my grades have suffered because i volunteer for an animal shelter in fremont, california :clap: i dont want to give up my place as a cat organization vip :D anyways, i have a 3.0 :oops: and on my mcats i got a 15 :rolleyes: my top school of choice is Washington university or university of pennsylvania. i am an intellegent person :D so is there any hope for me! :idea: :thumbdown: or :thumbup:

About the Ads

BigRedPingpong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
NY
Status (Visible)
:thumbup: :thumbup:
khan786 said:
i am currently a pre medical student at the university of pre medicinal studies in concord, california. i am 21 and i am going to graduate next year. all my life i have wanted to go to medical school, but my grades have suffered because i volunteer for an animal shelter in fremont, california :clap: i dont want to give up my place as a cat organization vip :D anyways, i have a 3.0 :oops: and on my mcats i got a 15 :rolleyes: my top school of choice is Washington university or university of pennsylvania. i am an intellegent person :D so is there any hope for me! :idea: :thumbdown: or :thumbup:

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
washu and penn are pipe dreams... set your sights a little lower. perhaps stanford or harvard would let ya in.

khan786 said:

WatchingWaiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2003
Status (Visible)
mlw03 said:
washu and penn are pipe dreams... set your sights a little lower. perhaps stanford or harvard would let ya in.

Let's be honest here. Given the strong evidence of compassion and empathy demonstrated by his extracurricular activity, I think he stands a good chance of favorable consideration at a Yale or Michigan type.

BigRedPingpong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
NY
Status (Visible)
I think that you should also mention that there is a strong SDN found negative correlation between grades and how "cool" and "friendly" of a doctor one will become. Therefore, since this person has relatively lower grades, he will be much "cooler" than the rest. Definitely Hopkins material.

WatchingWaiting said:
Let's be honest here. Given the strong evidence of compassion and empathy demonstrated by his extracurricular activity, I think he stands a good chance of favorable consideration at a Yale or Michigan type.

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
LOL........ironically, my top two choices are WashU and Penn, and I'm on the waitlist at both of them. can't really compete with a 15 mcat though :D

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
GA
Status (Visible)
Where is your university? I've never heard of that school, but in all honesty it probably doesn't matter. With a 3.0 and 15, you are a long shot at any MD program in the states. You might have a chance in the Caribbean or in Osteopathic schools depending on your EC's and LOR's. I would really advise you to take the MCAT again and see what you can do because the 3.0 isn't as bad as the 15. If you show perseverence a lot of schools will reward you for that. Good luck.

The JockDoc

lighting up the court
15+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
willthatsall said:
Where is your university? I've never heard of that school, but in all honesty it probably doesn't matter. With a 3.0 and 15, you are a long shot at any MD program in the states. You might have a chance in the Caribbean or in Osteopathic schools depending on your EC's and LOR's. I would really advise you to take the MCAT again and see what you can do because the 3.0 isn't as bad as the 15. If you show perseverence a lot of schools will reward you for that. Good luck.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lotanna

Child of God
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2002
Global nomad
Status (Visible)
ur like good to go, infact throw in a couple of mediocre schls like Hopkins and Harvard that way u keep ur options open u know. Even ur state schl just 4 the heck of it, might get a full ride there u know :idea:

linus

fly tux.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Status (Visible)
dude, with a degree from UPMS you're golden. what was your mcat breakdown cuz if it's 5's across the board then you should be ok.

SpiritiualDuck

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm surprised they haven't already awarded you an MD. Easily, I can see why you couldn't just skip medical school and start your residency. :clap:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.