1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Is there any hope for me

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by jaydada, Apr 29, 2004.

1. jaydada

jaydada Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi all,

Can anyone here please give me some advise regarding landing a Cat. spot in surgery for 2005.......I'm a US IMG w/ step I/step II scores of: 197/198 with a second take of step II, unfortunately I don't have any US clinical experiance nor do I have any LORs from the US. I did match this year into a FP program, however I really want to get into surgery. I know the possibility of doing a non-designated prelim year after doing a year of FP exists, but I'm already 31y/o and don't want to keep doing these 1yr spots before I can acutually get into a cat spot considering surgery is such a long residency anyway. I know as an FMG I'm already cursed and to add to it my low USMLE scores w/ a second take of step II will make it almost impossible to land a cat spot in surg, but is there anyone out here that can give me some realistic guidance as to how to go about getting into a cat surgery for 2005.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.