• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Is there any "list of known errors" for the prep books?

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
  1. Medical Student
    Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I have been lurking here for a few months and have yet to see a topic on this.

Is there any list of known errors for the various text books either by the companies themselves or students? I have just started my MCAT prep and am currently working through NOVA's physics book. It's a great book and after 5 Chapters there is only about 2 answers I simply cannot see how were found (it seems as if they were off by a decimal place?) or perhaps I am just personally making a continual error.

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Jun 27, 2007
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I know Kaplan has a list, but I don't know if it's available to students. You should call up and ask your Kaplan office. I'm pretty sure EK has a list up on its forums. Too bad I also recall the access to said forums not being free.

About the Ads

Revilla

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jul 22, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        I just found an error in TBR Gen Chem, in case anyone wants to make this thread the default error thread. On page 8 in the second book (gases), it says that volume is inversely proportional to moles. I'm pretty sure that should be directly proportional. You can see the error from the equation just below it, but I figured I'd mention it in case someone doesn't know.

I know Kaplan has a list, but I don't know if it's available to students. You should call up and ask your Kaplan office. I'm pretty sure EK has a list up on its forums. Too bad I also recall the access to said forums not being free.
        when I found out you had to pay to see the forums I got really pissed off.

You must pay to see the errors in our books!!!

Thats freaking ******ed:mad:

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.