Is there any way to get Kaplan materials without taking the class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsh

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to buy the Kaplan sample tests and answers, but my local branch is not being that helpful. They say that I can only buy the online course, which weighs in at $1500. I'd love to do that, but it's a bit out of my reach financially. Is there any way to get them by calling the main office or something?

I'm specifically interested in the 11 CBT practice exams they have and access to the 8 AAMC tests. I don't really care about the rest of the course besides practice questions and answers, I can do just fine with my textbooks.

Members don't see this ad.

You can try to go the financial aid way, but it's better to suck it up and get it. There are other alternatives (Princeton Review, Audio Osmosis, ExamKrackers) as well you could look into.

The MedSchool process is a very expensive one so $1500 for the most important test doesn't seem like a lot. The actual MCAT exam is $210 anyways, plus application fees, etc. etc. They add up, so in the long run $1500 isn't breaking the bank.

You can buy the actual Kaplan lecture books on Ebay. These may include some practice exams (I forget) or maybe you can buy some on Ebay also. AAMC has practice exams online.

I bought the Kaplan books online from someone. Then I took the Kaplan tests online. I saved most of the AAMC online exams for the weeks leading up to my MCAT, since those scores are closest to what you'll actually get.